6.04.2008

Mating Glow Worms and Three Little Words


I can't believe it's been a week since we returned from our honeymoon and this is the first time I've blogged. Time sure does march on. We had an absolutely amazing time in Turks and Caicos. The water was nothing like I've ever seen before. Think "giant blue bathtub" and that is what the ocean is like there. It is bluer than blue. This was my first time to an island so I have nothing to compare it to but many of the people that we met there that have been to other islands said it is the most beautiful water by far. Jim said the same thing. He took a sailing lesson when we were there so we went out sailing several times. I saw a stingray while out on the water one day. What an awesome site!! My favorite excursion of the whole trip was the night we went to the other side of the island and took a catamaran out to a cove at sunset to see the ocean light up with glow worms. Yes, I said glow worms!! : ) Every month, between 3 and 5 days after a full moon, female glow worms emit some kind of sucretion that lights up in the water to attract the males. It made the cove look like it was filled with little green fairy lights. It was just wonderful to see!! The ocean looked lavender as the sun went down and there were more stars in the sky than I've ever seen before in my life. I had my head on Jim's shoulder and it actually brought tears to my eyes. It was one of those moments in life that you know you are exactly where you're supposed to be. Just perfect. We're going to take the kids with us next year to Beaches which is the all inclusive place that allows kids. We went snorkeling off of where Beaches is located. That was my first time snorkeling and I loved it!! Jim is a certified SCUBA diver so he was able to point out different things to me that I wouldn't have noticed without him. I saw a sea urchin, brain coral (looks just like a giant brain), gorgeous fish and other things. When Jim came face to face with a barracuda that was my signal to head back to the boat. The divers that had gone out the day before we did saw a reef shark. Sounds exciting but thank God I didn't see one!!!!! It was an incredibly wonderful 6 days that I got to spend alone with the man I love so who could ask for anything more.

My sister just had her third round of chemo yesterday and did very well. She got the good news that, if everything goes well with the surgery she has to have in about a month, she will be able to have surgery on her liver. This is wonderful news. She continues to have her sense of humor and a very positive attitude about everything and I am so proud of her. She's a strong woman and will handle everything that is thrown at her. The amount of support from people continues to be overwhelming. There are no words to describe the gratitude that Stephanie and her family have for everyone. There are several fund raisers that are currently scheduled for her. You can email me for the details. My email address is wmcd67@aol.com. I will be happy to send you the specifics as I get them. As always, please continue the prayers for Stephanie. They are being heard. No matter how great or how small they may be, they are being heard.

I read this quote in a little book I picked up and thought I'd share it.

"You can't control the length of your life.
Just the depth."

So very true . . .

Make it a point to tell someone you love them today. Even if it feels uncomfortable to say it. Once the words have been spoken you will feel so much better and it will be easier to say it again the next time.

Many blessings ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love you. I am so glad you had the wonderful honeymoon that you so deserve.

Sam Fox said...

Hi Wendy,

I came to your blog through Jen's...she is such a wonderful soul full of strength she doesn't even realise she has.

Sorry to hear of your sister's recent diagnosis, she seems to have good positive thoughts, I pray for her upcoming surgery and a good result.

Your honeymoon sounds blissful, just wonderful. Especially loved hearing about the glow worms.