7.29.2009

Day 10 of the Etsy Greetings Team 10/10/10 Challenge . . .

Well, it's over. . . 10 Etsy Greetings Team members, listing 10 cards, in 10 days. My first Challenge as a member of the Team was a wonderful learning experience for me. I didn't complete the Challenge perfectly but I completed it to the best of my ability. I wasn't able to list a new card every day but I did list almost every day. My team members showed me that you don't have to be perfect. Perseverance is what really counts. I didn't blog every day but I did get back into blogging after a very long absence from it. Last nite I even figured out how to change the template and make my blog look more like the way I've wanted it to look. Next, I'm going to learn how to do more with pictures and other things that I admire in other peoples' blogs. I'm not very good at stepping out of my box so I'll just take a giant leap of faith and know that there is always Someone to catch me when I fall. Without further adieu, I'd like to show you my card for Day 10 and also spotlight some shops that I haven't written about yet.
Here is my card for the Grand Finale ~


This is my Polka-dotted Cupcake Card. I've used Martha Stewart cupcake embellishments that are just so sweet (no pun intended!!) and brown and pale blue dotted paper. I've also given it an aged look by using some Ranger Distress Ink in a Tea Dye color. I'm so happy with how this came out. I didn't come to my table this morning with any kind of inspiration so I wasn't really sure what I would come up with. I started to putter around and do some much needed straightening up. I opened the bottom drawer of one of my supply cabinets and found a half of a sheet of the polka dotted paper and knew right away that I wanted to use it. Then I came across the cupcake embellishments and voila ~ the inspiration I was looking for !!!!! You can find this card and all the others I've created over the last 10 days in my Etsy shop. http://www.crickleberrycottage.etsy.com/.
Because of not being able to blog each day of the Challenge I have several shops that I'd love to show you now. I thought it would be more fun if I just showed you one card from each Etsy shop and post a link to them. I'm starting to get a little fancy with this blog stuff but I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew!! Here goes!!



































I almost forgot to mention that, during this Challenge, I received an order from a wonderful woman in Spain for 50 wedding invitations. She saw a card in my shop and fell in love with it. She showed it to her fiancee and they both wanted to use the design for their wedding. How wonderful is that?!!? I feel so honored to be a part of this most special time in their life!! Thanks everyone!!
Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: