4.28.2010

Another Week, Another Illness . . .

This time it's Brendan who's gone down for the count. He started not feeling well on Sunday afternoon and, by Sunday nite, he had a fever. We also noticed bumps on his arm and he was complaining of a sore throat. I thought it might be chicken pox. He's been vaccinated against them but I've been told it's still possible to get a mild case. Hubby took him to the doctor on Monday and it's not chicken pox. The doctor thinks the bumps and the fever are two separate entities and that the fever is a virus that is going to take three to five days to run its course.


Here's Brendan getting some "puppy loving" from Brady. Isn't it amazing how animals can sense when someone isn't feeling well?
I'm happy to say the bumps are much better but, unfortunately, the fever isn't. Thankfully it's this week and not next week. We have a big week coming up with three days of Communion practice and then his Communion on Saturday, May 8th. Which reminds me . . . we still have to buy a suit for him.


Here's Daddy cooking breakfast for his boy.
My walking around a store for any extended length of time is a distant memory at this point in my life. My sciatica has been so bad that my chiropractic adjustments aren't even helping me for more than a day or two. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it until our new baby is here.







As for the baby, I have to go for a sonogram on Friday. The doctor thinks she's on the large side and wants to get a weight check on her and make sure my amniotic fluid is still plentiful. Hubby is thrilled we get to see her one last time before we get to finally hold her. I can't begin to tell you how fast this pregnancy has gone and, until recently, it's been pretty easy. I've only gained two lbs. and that has made a difference. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable I'd feel if it had been as much as with the boys. I can't think of a better cause for all of this discomfort than having a baby. They truly are the most incredible gift I could ever think of. My husband still tells me that he never, ever thought he'd have a child let alone four. He is going to be an emotional wreck the day the baby is born. What a lucky little baby to have such an incredibly loving daddy.

Tomorrow I'll share some pics of the baby shower that friends and family had for me last weekend. I am so truly blessed!! : )

Many blessings ~ Wendy

No comments: