4.14.2010

The Good, The Bad and the Artist . . .

It's already been quite a week already and it's only Wednesday!! We started Monday off in the local hospital hooked up to an IV for several hours. I've been unable to keep food or liquids down and it finally caught up with me. My baby doctor was concerned and sent me to the Labor & Delivery unit to have the baby monitored and for some rehydration. I'm happy to say that the baby is doing beautifully and, thankfully, I've been feeling better since yesterday and haven't been sick to my stomach at all. I've been drinking lots of fluids and chewing lots of ice (I know my mother is cringing at the thought of ice chewing right now!! ) and last nite I even ran as fast as an almost 9-month pregnant woman can run to the bathroom at 3 am. That's a sure sign that things are getting better. Thank you, God. I don't know that I've ever been so thirsty in my life as I've been the last couple of days. Apple juice on lots of rocks has been my fave yesterday and today.

My father in law stopped by yesterday. Other then having a cold, he looks and feels much better. He ended up having a mild heart attack last week and had two stents put in his heart. I think that brings the number of stents in his body up to about eleven or twelve, if not more. He still needs to have some surgery on his leg due to numbness from the stents he had put in it a couple of months ago but he's going to wait until the summer for that. He plans on going home to Ireland for several weeks before that surgery so he's well rested and has a good recovery. With all that man has been thru he still has his wit about him. The day he loses that will be the day he just lays down and gives up. Fortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon.

And now, I'd like to introduce to you our budding artist in the family . . .



Brendan's art work was chosen to be a part of an exhibit that spotlighted some wonderful young artists in his elementary school. He was SO excited!! We received a letter in the mail informing us of a reception that was being held for all of the chosen artists but none of them knew which one of their pieces was selected. I thought that was a great idea as it kept them all in suspense for a few days. : )



Much to Brendan's delight, his best buddy, Ty, was at the reception too. His sister had a beautiful piece that was picked for the exhibit.
The bottom drawing is Brendan's. He told us that the theme was an optical illusion. Way to go, B!!!!!



So it looks like the week is getting better with each passing day. I hope yours is too. : )



Many blessings ~ Wendy

2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

glad to see you back!!! I have missed seeing your smiling face..glad to hear you are doing well..my little sister had her 3rd little boy on the 19th of march...I was starting to wonder if you had yours or not..wasn't sure when you were due..;) take care.;)

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh How proud of your little man ypu must be!
Now take care of you,Babies are hard work often on our poor bodies,Keep up your icy apple juice and rest too:)