6.17.2012

Sunday Sayings . . .



Happy Father's Day to my Dad.  It's been almost seven years and I miss you as much now as I did then.  We had just started to scratch the surface of our relationship.  I always say my children got the best part of you.  The kinder, gentler version of you.  I think about how you would be with Megan.  The only grandchild you weren't at the hospital to hold.  I know you were there but it wasn't the same as seeing you with her.  I think about you whenever I pull in the driveway and see your fishing boat that we will have on the river this year.  I think about you whenever I find a dime that you still leave when we need them the most.  I love you with all of my heart. 


Many blessings to those of you who are lucky enough to still have their Dad in their life and to those of you who will be looking up at the stars tonight, wondering if your Dad is shining down on you.  No doubt, mine is.

~ Wendy


No comments: