3.25.2013

'twas a Happy St. Patrick's Day, Indeed!! . . .

Other then "Sunday Sayings," I've really been neglecting this blog.  We've had lots of goings on around here and I have so many photos to share.  The kids are off this week and so is my husband so it's a bit busy around here but I wanted to share some photos of St. Patrick's Day before we're on to Easter!!  : ) 

My nephew Danny, son Brendan and niece Taylor.
St. Patrick's Day is a big deal around our house.  My first husband was Irish and his heritage was a huge part of who he was.  This has trickled down to our three sons.  I guess with names like Connor, Trevor and Brendan McDonagh you can't help but be in touch with your Irish roots!!  : )

This year, we had two special guests for our St. Patrick's Day feast.  My niece Taylor and my nephew Danny joined us along with my mother, father-in-law and some neighbors.  It was a wonderful day and the food was outta this world!!!

My wonderful husband slicing the corned beef.


My wonderful husband has taken on the task of St. Patty's Day dinner.  This year, he started cooking the night before so we woke up to the smell of corned beef in the crock pot.  We have one crock pot and he cooked five of them this year.  Lots of complaints of not enough leftovers last year!!  He also made potatoes, cabbage and carrots.  My mother brought the Irish soda bread baked fresh that morning at Jones' Farm in Cornwall, NY.  (I've done several posts about Jones' farm.  One of my favorite places to visit!!)  It is a meal that we look forward to every year!!!! 

My very Irish father-in-law.  He's from Galway, Ireland and has a brogue and an Irish wit and we adore him!!

Green tulips.

Glittery shamrocks.




Shamrock cookies for dessert!!


Our day ended with some Irish step-dancing compliments of Megan!!



And no St. Patrick's Day would be complete without Meggie's favorite pastime ~ a little jumping on the couch with her Daddy!!


It was a beautiful day filled with love and laughter, family and friends and LOTS of delicious food and we're already looking forward to next year although we've taken a family vote and decided a year is too long to wait for another corned beef and cabbage dinner.  Are you reading this, Honey???  : )



Many blessings for a wonderful Monday ~ Wendy


No comments: