12.16.2014

Some Random Photos and Lots of Gratitude . . .

All of my chickens are home to roost for the next six weeks.  Connor arrived home, dirty laundry in tow, about an hour ago.  I hugged him a little tighter than usual.  The other night, at 2:15 in the morning, my cell phone rang.  He was calling to tell me he had been involved in a car accident.  His phone kept cutting off and all I could hear was his voice saying "Mom!!"  After what seemed like a lifetime, he texted to say he had been in an accident but he was okay.  He had decided to leave ahead of the impending snow storm where he goes to school in Plattsburgh, NY and drive to his girlfriend's college in Rhode Island to stay with her for a few days while she was finishing up her semester at school.  While on the Massachusetts Turnpike, he was driving behind an 18 wheeler who suddenly put on its brakes on a very icy road.  He was forced to swerve since he couldn't stop in time.  He spun around and hit the guardrail under an overpass.  His car was totaled but, by the Grace of God, he was uninjured.  His Guardian Angels were riding in that car with him.  Not a doubt in my mind.





Dinner plans and Christmas tree shopping tonight.  I'm looking forward to taking some photos.  I've been lacking in that department lately!!  : (


Many blessings for a happy Tuesday ~ Wendy

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I am so glad all is well and that Connor is safe. Have a wonderful time with all your family together for 6 weeks. God bless.

sage and spirit said...

So glad to hear your son is ok. His guardian angels certainly were with him that night! Enjoy your time together and Happy Holidays!! xx

Shel said...

Oh my word! I am so glad to hear that he is OK but how scary that must have been for him (and for you)!

The pictures are gorgeous, my friend and I am so glad to hear that all your chickens are home to roost! Enjoy the holidays with a full house again! xo