10.27.2016

Glimpses of Fall . . .

Last Saturday, I pulled over to the Storm King Mountain overlook on my way home from photographing a fundraiser for our local homeless animals.  It was 41 degrees outside, very windy and a steady rain was starting to fall but I was determined to take photos while the foliage was at its peak.  I wanted to share what a beautiful part of our country we're blessed enough to be living in.  Mother Nature's art work at its finest!!






These are the ski slopes at West Point.  Hopefully they'll be filled with snow and skiers this winter.  Last winter was pretty much a bust.  : (



The overlook looks down on West Point.  I believe this is a soccer field.  We also have Stewart Air Force Base/Airport nearby so we are always seeing military planes and helicopters flying overhead. 










I love the bits of fog that sit in the valley. 


I wait all year for this and then it's gone in the blink of an eye.  We even had a bit of snow this morning.  Now it's raining with a little bit of ice mixed in for good measure.  Megan is home sick today.  We're waiting to hear if it's strep throat.  Perfect day to stay in our jammies I would say!!  : )


Have a beautiful day!! ~ Wendy


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

You certainly are blessed Wendy you really do live in a beautiful part of the world. Hope Megan is feeling better and it is nothing too serious. Take care.

sage and spirit said...

That is definitely some gorgeous country! I can see why you love it there so much.
Looks like you're finally getting some real fall weather too! And I hope it's not strep throat and Miss Megan is doing better.
xx